It has been a very difficult year for President Joe Biden. The border crisis, the pandemic, Afghanistan, and major economic concerns have contributed to Biden’s approval rating collapse.
Vice President Kamala Harris hasn’t fared much better and overall, it looks like Americans are already fed up with both of them. The polls are definitely showing that trend now.
In fact, Biden just set another American record he’d rather forget.
Various polls in recent months have shown Biden’s cratering approval ratings, due to a variety of factors. Democrats and even Biden himself don’t seem particularly worried, however.
That doesn’t change the numbers, though, which should concern the current administration.
Now, a USA Today/Suffolk University poll shows that maybe Biden and his team should really worry — if this keeps up, the oft-predicted “red wave” could hit hard in 2022 and 2024.
Most importantly, the new poll showed that Biden’s disapproval rating is closing in on a whopping 60%.
But that’s just the tip of the iceberg, as the poll also showed Republicans “are nearing a double digit lead over Democrats for the upcoming 2022 midterm races.”
Here are a few additional stats (courtesy The Daily Wire):
- ‘Nearly half of those surveyed, 46%, say Biden has done a worse job as president than they expected, including 16% of those who voted for him. Independents, by 7-1 (44%-6%), say he’s done worse, not better, than they expected.’
- ‘Nearly two-thirds of Americans, 64%, say they don’t want Biden to run for a second term in 2024. That includes 28% of Democrats.’
- ‘Vice President Kamala Harris’ approval rating is 28% – even worse than Biden’s. The poll shows that 51% disapprove of the job she’s doing.’
The President appears to be getting hammered on all sides, too. And on most major issues.
For example, 66 percent of Americans believe the country is headed int he wrong direction, and only 20 percent say we’re going in the right direction. That’s a gigantic discrepancy.
It also means that negativity is running very high, so it shouldn’t be too surprising to see such troublesome numbers for the current administration.
On top of that, Biden’s “Build Back Better” plan isn’t going over well, either: only 1 out of 4 registered voters think the bill will actually help their families.
All this translates to a historic descent for POTUS — at this point, his approval is falling faster than any other President in modern history. According to a Gallup poll:
Biden’s average third-quarter job approval rating is down eight points from his second-quarter rating (53%) and 11 points from his first-quarter rating (56%).
This 11-point decline is larger than any prior president registered between his first and third quarters, although it is similar to those for the last three Democratic presidents — Barack Obama (10 points), Clinton (seven points) and Carter (nine points).
Last week, the nation watched in surprise as Republicans won many important electoral races. At the top of the list was Democrats losing control of Virginia for the first time in a dozen years.
That wasn’t the only example of a red wave rapidly building in the country, either.
Given the current trajectory, it’s starting to look like Republicans could easily reclaim control of the House and Senate in 2022, and possibly the White House in 2024.
It seems difficult to believe that Biden’s approval could fall any farther — if it does, he’ll just keep making more history.
- President Joe Biden’s approval is falling faster than any President in modern U.S. history.
- His approval is only about 40%, and VP Kamala Harris’ approval is even lower: 28%.
- 66% of Americans believe the country is headed in the wrong direction — only 20% believe it’s going in the right direction.
Source: The Daily Wire